Thursday, May 19, 2011

As Far as the Eye Can See; Libraries

I remember the first time I saw Matilda, when I was about seven years old, and I thought, "Wow, can I have a library like that?" It just seemed so grand and I love to see so many bookshelves that appear to be endless. 
Perhaps Matilda was the start of it, but since I was young I've had a love for libraries. A definite preference are older, visually stimulating via the architecture libraries. They have the right comfortable atmosphere that I like.


Strahov Theological Hall – Prague, Czech Republic


No matter where I travel to, I'd like to make sure and stop at a--if it should be--historical library. I have not had the chance to do so yet, even here in the states. I'm confident I'll have many opportunities to come since my husband, Thanik, and I plan to travel throughout our lives. Quite exciting!


Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library – Toronto (ON), Canada


 A dream of mine is to have a library big enough that deems it necessary to have a ladder to reach the higher shelves. I think it adds a lovely characteristic touch.


Beauty and the Beast



Every time I go into a library I must restrain myself not to check out too many books. I have a thirst for knowledge, so when I am in the non-fiction section (for example), watch out, I could remain there for hours if given the chance. The same notion may be applied to when I am in a book store; if I could I'm sure I would buy far too many books each time.


Real Gabinete Português de Leitura РRio De Janeiro, Brazil

No comments:

Post a Comment