Friday, May 6, 2011

Evocative Music

Lately I've found great inspiration from jazz, classical and new age instrumental (that's a bit of a mouth full). As a hobby I love to write, and I've been doing so since I was young; middle school to be a little more precise. Typically music without lyrics provides me the greatest creative mindset. It can depend on my mood too, I suppose; if I decide I want to listen to music with lyrics.

(Pic. provided by weheartit.com)

I'm fascinated how much influence the mood of the piece I'm listening to can sway the type of writing I produce. It's a great thing to take advantage of, really. Thus, if I want to write something with some spring in its step, I'll listen to upbeat music.
As well, I love to paint and draw. A favorite method in creating a painting is allowing a music piece to evoke an image in my mind and painting what I see.

What music is inspirational for you?

2 comments:

  1. It would be nice if you could share with us, sometimes, the jazz songs you found inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I will do that soon. I will include where I heard it from too, because I like things to be detailed.

    ReplyDelete