Monday, July 25, 2011

Harry Potter the Final Film

I saw the Deathly Hallows Part II this past weekend with my husband and sister. It was amazing! I knew that it would be intense, but my goodness I didn't think I'd cry so much, haha. According to my sister, she said a man seated to our right, a few seats down, looked in our direction a couple times in an, "Is everything alright?" sort of manner. Oh yes good sir, just an emotional lady. A few times I had to look away from the screen and tell myself, "It's going *sniffle* to be alright," so I wouldn't blubber so much.
A fair warning, if you haven't read the book or seen the movie, I'll be giving away spoilers.



My husband asked me to choose 5 favorite scenes, but by-golly that is hard. To name a few in any case, I love the scene when Hermione is disguised as Bellatrix via polyjuice potion. I suppose the main credit goes to
Helena, the actress who plays Bellatrix, for that scene. Helena is a brilliant actress. Helena captured Hermione's character very well. It was a bit bizarre actually, seeing the stark difference of her evil character then BAM, someone kind trying to be an awful person.




Oh oh, when Harry, Ron and Hermione escape from Gringott's bank! Dragons may be, mm, fierce, but trust me I felt sorry for the dragon that is kept in Gringott's. You'll see why.
Who doesn't adore Neville? He is so honest, loyal and brave. There is a bridge scene with him and numerous Death Eaters that makes you want to shout, "Wooo, go Neville!" and "I can't believe you pulled that off." =D
If you have seen the movie, what are some of your favorite scenes?




The acting in the film, as expected, is superb in my opinion. I felt a great sense of commitment was given in every scene. Something I admire is when an actor/actress can seamlessly make an intense scene meld and make sense with a small comedic moment and not clash. This sort of combination happens a handful of times throughout the film. The timing of any comedy was brilliant, giving the audience a small break from all the heart racing moments.
The editing of the film is well done. For me I feel that every information necessary to understand the story was put in the film, thus I didn't feel that I was deprived of anything. Then again I love the book so much that if Part II was 3 hours long, I wouldn't mind. I love the score of the film, too. It helps invoke the right feeling in the audience, really helps tell the story clearly.  Am I sounding a bit technical and such now? Haha, pardon me perhaps it's the theatre in me.

 Alan Rickman is wonderful in the film. I felt a great deal of sympathy for him.


If you can I highly recommend you to see the film in IMAX 3D. The sound quality is wonderful, really feel like it's all around you. I know I'll be seeing the movie a second time, not in IMAX again, but that's fine I'm just happy to watch it. At least this time around I'll be prepared for the amount of crying I'll most likely do. =)

(All pictures by Google.)

No comments:

Post a Comment