Monday, September 26, 2011

Snappy Bow Ties


Lately I've been healthily obsessed intrigued with bow ties. Even when I was pint-sized I knew they were spiffy.
I'm itching to check out vintage stores, thrift stores and the like to see what gems catch my fancy. I understand that bow ties are 'making a comeback,' so it's cool to wear them now. Frankly I think they're cool to wear anytime no matter what the fashion folk say. They're classic pieces, 'nuff said.


Classic black bow tie.



 The floral shirt is a lovely feminine touch.


Clip-on's? Leave those to the kids. It's far more satisfying to have a grown up bow tie that you tie yourself. I'll certainly get some neutrals such as solids, classic polka dots and stripes, but that's mostly child's play. I'm particularly drawn to the more funky colors and patterns.





 
You can find bow ties anywhere really, it just depends on how much you're willing to spend. For instance, a place I'd love to splurge---like once a year because of their prices---are pieces from a London brand called Marwood. Be-a-u-tiful lace designs. Please and thank you.





If you want to wear a bow tie, go for it. Pair it with some type of button up collared shirt and you're hoppin'…..does anyone say that anymore?


BAM! Cuteness factor.

2 comments:

  1. The cat is adorable!! Also, like the post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't resist. I'd found a picture of a puppy wearing a bow tie as well, but I didn't want to overload with the cuteness.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete