Thursday, January 26, 2012

Beauty Reveiw :: Store Bought & Organic


 (Source)


I've been loosing a battle for many a year with pesky blackheads, until now! Sounds like a cheesy infomercial introduction, but it's true. For a month I've been using a product called Neaclear [the power of oxygen]. I use it morning and night after I wash/rinse my face and before I apply any other product. Perhaps luckily I only need to use it on ze nose. I am truly seeing a difference; my nose does appear or rather is cleaner. I purchased the product at a local Ulta for less than $6 (it was on sale). Considering I only use it on my nose, the product will last several more months, so it's worth the money.


 (Source)


Amanda introduced me to this rather ingenious and cheap alternative to regular chapstick. Crisco, a vegetable oil, works just as well as any other chapstick. I recycled a small twist cap container to store the crisco and it can easily fit in my pocket or purse. Horray! It's not necessary to slather on a ton onto your lips, just a few small swipes will go a long way. It does not have a funky taste, thankfully, and the texture is--similar to a lip gloss, but without the sticky feeling. A single tub you get at your local grocery store will cost you less than 3 dollars (at least where I live) and will last you a loooong time…just don't forget to put the cap back on once you unseal it.


 (Source)


Another organic beauty remedy that Amachan told me about is using Vitamin E for my dark circles. She was kind enough once to tell me that some days my circles are bad enough that it looks like I've been punched in the eye….Thanks dear sister. I don't wear makeup, so I preferred to find some organic method of reducing the appearance of my dark circles. So, every night I gently apply a little bit of vitamin E under my eyes as the last step in my--"face" routine. A single jell tablet can last at least two weeks, maybe more. I can depend on how much you use each night. I saw a difference within two weeks. It doesn't get rid of my dark circles completely, but I don't think I look like I've been punched in the face anymore.


 (Source)


A third tip I've been following under Amanda's advice is instead of washing my face with cleanser in the morning, I just rinse it off with luke warm water. The benefit of this is you're not consistently stripping your face of its natural oils. Cool cool. I've been using this method for about a month now and so far the difference I can tell is my face feels softer and smoother, than if I were to wash my face with cleanser morning and night. Before I forget, after I rinse of my face in the morning, I still apply my normal beauty products.

Have you ever tried one of these methods/products? Share with the rest of the class some of your organic (or non-organic) beauty tricks.
Thank you for reading, please come again. *enter a cheeky grin*

3 comments:

  1. I need to try crisco for chapstick. What an amazing alternative.
    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool ideas! Thanks for sharing! =)

    pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Pardon my delayed response.)

    @ Girlie
    It really is, I'm still using it as a chapstick and love it. It lasts so long.

    @ Hope
    Glad you like them! Hope you can try them out some time.

    ReplyDelete