Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ode to Redheads


Perhaps it's a magical redhead connection, but I always knew that some type of redhead convention/gathering existed. Victory, it does! Once a year in Breda, Netherlands during the first weekend of September thousands of redheads flock together from over 30 different countries to converse and do miscellaneous activities. Ze hubby already knows that I'd love to attend this event at least once in my life. Why not?

(Source)

(Source)


Just like any gent or lass, I too am fascinated when I see a fellow ginger (some find this word offensive, but I'm okay with the term. I realize South Park "jokingly" made it into a unkind slang). The most redheads I've seen at once was the autumn of 2011 (I recall the date because yes, it's that significant) and not including myself there were four in the same café. Once again, magic. 

 When I was younger I did have the inclination to marry a fellow redhead when I was older. I believe Harry Potter influenced this notion a bit. Yeeees, I did have a crush on Rupert Grint (below) who plays Ron.  I had to reassure Thanik (ze husband) that of course this was only my thinking when I was younger, I'm supremely happy how things have turned out. Haha, my sweetie is an attention seeker (as am I).


 (Source)

 (Source)
Rupert was just too awkwardly adorable as a young lad.


  (Source)


During my "research" I came across some unsettling stories. During ancient Egypt, the always superstitious folk of the time believed those with red hair were bad luck and thus sentenced to death like a true witch trial...Well I'm glad I didn't live back then, yikes! When I was younger the extent of my bullying was being called carrot top and a leprechaun, which I did not appreciate either. Still, I'd rather take name calling than a death sentence. I come in peace.

I do wonder what are the chances that two redhead sisters--my sister and I of course--end up with Asian gentlemen. That would be a sight to see, the four of us together. 
Sometimes I do find myself a tad envious of Amanda because her hair is a bit brighter than mine. A bit silly I'm sure. Oh, an interesting fact: when I lift up my hair in the back I have a small strand/streak that is a bit more brown in color and in the same spot Amanda has a blonde streak. Nifty?

 Amanda is coming to visit Thanik and I this weekend, so I hope to get some updated photos of her and I (as well as stories and photos from Japan). For now a picture from my wedding day and another from the summer of 2010. 




3 comments:

  1. A red head gathering! That's kind of cool! I hope you get to go sometime, and take some pictures to show us on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Oh certainly, and I hope I could capture some footage as well. I think it may even be interesting to interview some of the attendees. =)

    ReplyDelete