Friday, January 6, 2012

Resolutions & Photography


I know I know, yet another silly person yammering on about "new years resolutions." I'd like to call to the witness stand, um, my defense: this may be my second or third time I've ever done this. Good enough? Fantastic. I've perhaps unwisely come up with several resolutions I'd like to give a go (wait, I'm supposed to say will do, right?) this year round. I'll put it in a nice list to help start things off nicely.

Organized
I'm already an organized person, so this will just help me tip-toe my way into the possibly dangerous world of OCD.

Read more
I used to be such a book worm when I was younger and quite frankly I miss it. I do ask myself, "Silly, why don't you read as much anymore?" But I just give myself a cheeky grin with no substantial response. 



Do more crafts
I'm hoping to indulge myself soon enough by starting out with several DIY projects I have in mind for some clothes/shoes I hardly wear. I'll divulge more info about this in a separate post.

Practice Thai (at least 2-3 times  a week)
This has been a challenge considering I'm not around Thai folk (unless you count my husband) very often, sooo I don't get to practice--much. Thankfully I have a spark of motivation because it's confirmed that Thanik's dad will be visiting us at the end of January and staying for three weeks. Yaaaay! He does speak some English, but it's still a bit of a challenge. I'd much prefer if I could just speak to him in Thai. =) 

 Let me know if you're trying a new years resolution.
 

 (Image)


The other day Thanik gave me my first miniature lesson in photography. Woohoo! I've been wanting to learn anyway, but in particular I don't want my hubby to have to worry about taking any other photos besides outfit photos. Share the load, ya know? He and I are always so patient with each other, so I'm glad it does not bother him each time I might say, "What does this button do?"

5 comments:

  1. I'd need to take the blame for not teaching Elissa Thai often/constantly enough.

    About the photography, to add another perspective, it was pretty fun and lovely for a couple to share the other one's hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, the photography sounds wonderful! <3 I truly can't wait to see more!

    x
    Enter my dress giveaway - Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your resolutions. =] P.S. I'm a petite redhead too =]

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely going to try and improve my photography skills. I even bought a book, hope it works! Good luck with yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Thua
    Yes, yes you should. But I forgive you sweetie, I know it's not always easy to teach.

    @ Jo
    Thank you, I'm excited to even start taking my own pictures. I may need a couple more lessons before I try and show off my "skills," haha.

    @ Kate
    Welcome to the club, neighbor!

    @ Lola
    That's already a good step in the right direction. Of course you can always browse through YouTube for lessons; I'm sure there's a plethora of choices. And same to you! =)

    ReplyDelete