Thursday, January 19, 2012

Texture Fun :: Lace & Polka Dots

Pardon the blurry quality, but I am still fond of how it turned out.



I love my polka dot tights, but their life is [slowly and] sadly coming to an end. Sigh.




This is an outfit I wore a little over a week ago, but ze hubby and I have only just gotten around to editing/uploading them. Well, Thanik did the editing, I just piped in with helpful comments such as, "Mhm, that looks good sweetie." We were a tad late on taking the pics, having clearly lost proper sunlight.  
It may be hard to tell, but I layered sheer polka dot tights over opaque purple tights. I got this nifty idea from lazy saturdays. I thought it would be interesting to add more texture with this lace long sleeve shirt underneath a favorite collared shirt. I like to tell myself this is a cleverly unexpected twist.


I'm very good at taking pictures with my eyes closed.




I've been having fun experimenting with layering and mixing patterns/textures. I'd say this is a safe outfit. I don't have anything quite so bold as to attempt to dress similarly to Susie Bubble. Our style is very different, but I rather admire her bold taste.

A small note on the collared shirt, which I purchased roughly 2 years ago from what I like to refer to as an online Asian mall, aka Yesstyle. I've purchased clothing from them 2 or 3 times and although the styles are always to my liking, the quality can be a hit and miss. Like any brand, you have to test out which you deem to your quality standards and those that you'd rather pass. As for this shirt, the quality is nice and the material surprisingly thick and sturdy. I know I can get quite a few years wear out of it, thankfully. Before I bombard you with too much detail though, please read this great review on Yesstyle from Jean of Extra Petite. Although it's from 2010, it's still very relevant.

A major reason I (on occasion) like to shop Asian websites is because I am in comparison the average size of an Asian woman. So, it's guaranteed really that the clothes will fit. My hubby has told me numerous times I'm the size of a typical Thai lady, so I'm not speaking rubbish here, haha.


:: Outfit ::
Lace top (S) - thrifted | Collared shirt - Yesstyle | Skirt - vintage | Polka dot tights - Yesstyle | Purple tights - Target | Heart necklace - gifted (thanks mom) | Shoes (size 6) - Zipia

You may also enjoy :: Casual outfit :: Bunnies & มือเย็น | Lovely Christmas with the Hubby | 1940s Inspired Hairstyle
 

2 comments:

  1. What a cute outfit. I certainly need to experiment more like you do. I have a closet full of clothes and no idea what to do with them.

    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That's what I love about the blogging community, I've gotten much inspiration from all sorts of style bloggers.
    Sometimes, you just have to start with pairings you've never done before. I don't always know what to wear though, so I've had times where I've changed more than once till I was satisfied, haha.

    ReplyDelete