Sunday, February 26, 2012

Early Present :: Kimi Wa Petto, J-Drama Recommendation


I am introducing a new bi-weekly 'series' just a couple days early because I'm like a little kid and would prefer to open the present now. Every other week, on Tuesdays, I'd like to share with you my recommendation of both Asian dramas and movies. By 'Asian' I mean Japanese, Korean, some Taiwanese and Thai.
To start matters, let me show just a glimpse into a recent favorite Japanese drama, Kimi wa Petto (きみはペット).






Indeed I am a typical lady, thus I'm rather fond of romance stories. In this case though, the drama is more of a romance comedy. A well educated career woman finds herself in a unique situation: with a human pet. Sounds a bit bizarre, but don't judge a book by its cover, ya know? More details? The woman, 28, has never been able to let her true self shine and ba-bam a young 20-year-old dancer prances through her life and changes it. For the better or for worse? Ho-ho, I'll let you be the judge. You're hooked now, right?






The actor who plays the 20-year-old dancer, Matsumoto Jun (above), is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I've seen him in two other productions, if you will, and he has great flexibility in his acting. This is the first production I've seen Koyuki (below), the lead actress, and I'd just like to say how unfair it is that she still looks so beautiful when she cries…No no, I should not think that way. But really, it's true that she looks like an angel crying. 


(Source)

(Source)

(Pics by weheartit.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment