Sunday, March 18, 2012

Healthy Relationships, a Simple Tip


My husband and I have a wonderful relationship and I would love to share our insight to you, ladies and gentlemen, in the hopes that our experiences can help you and your significant other have a happy and healthy relationship, too (although I'm sure you already do). I feel like I'm giving a presentation. Anywho, for today [class] I'd like to focus on a particular tip, which let's call the reward system.




Everyone likes to be praised [on some level] for doing a job well done, right? For instance when I was a kid, if I ate all my vegetables during dinner I was allowed to have dessert. Raise your hand if your parents did this to you, too. I think this same notion can be applied to you sugar-plum, a.k.a. significant other. Let me give you a brief scenario that happened to me today.

This morning while helping my hubby cook breakfast, he very kindly thanked me for helping out (he wears the apron in the kitchen, normally) and likewise thanked me for, in general, taking such good care of the household. His sincere gratitude was enough for me, but he took it a step further and said that as a "reward" he would watch a movie of my choosing with me. Aww, very sweet of him! I was not expecting it, which made me even more warm and fuzzy inside. And by the way, I chose Harry Potter, part II of the seventh movie. Respect.

Another example is when my hubby had been working all day, on a weekend, I told him how proud I was and wanted to give him a massage for his hard work. Not something he expected, but he eagerly and graciously accepted my offer.


 Don't get greedy though and expect 'rewards' all the time.


Doing these sort of rewards or 'presents' are a simple way to show how much you care and appreciate each other. You can choose how big or small you want your gesture to be, of course and how often you do this. Nevertheless keep in mind not to get to a point where you expect some sort of reward every time you're a good boy or girl. Be genuine and be humble about it. =)




I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend!


You may also enjoy :: Relationships :: Always Show the Love | The Happy Cards | Wish List - Office Desk

(Pics by weheartit.com)

4 comments:

  1. This is great :) I love giving,not only taking, which helps a lot in the relationships

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your article about relationships. My husband always respecting me and He always telling me how thankful he is having me as his wife.
    I am soo grateful that having such a great husband like yours.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your contents are too simple to read and easy to understand.
    Visit BBM BD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Too simple?" Hmm, good thing or bad thing?
      I'm assuming a good thing because you followed up with easy to understand, sooo thank you! =)

      Delete