Friday, April 6, 2012

Simple Remedy for Brighter Skin


I've mentioned in a beauty review that I use vitamin e (gel capsules) under my eyes for my night time routine. For the past, oh, three weeks or so I've been applying it to my entire face. However, I do not apply it in it's natural sticky form because that would be darn uncomfortable and I wouldn't be able to cuddle with my hubby. Do not deny me my cuddle time. Ahem, once again I've followed a tip from my sister which is to combine the vitamin e with aloe vera skin gel. I purchased a small 2 oz tube at a local GNC store for less than $2 and it's lasted me several months.

(Source)
 I'll sometimes put this on my lips instead of chap-stick.


I should insert pictures for those of you who prefer visuals, but alas I do not have any, so bare with me on my explanation. It really does not take much aloe or vitamin e to coat your beautiful face. I apply the two gel's in sections, i.e. the lower half of my right cheek, then the top half, my left cheek, then my forehead and so on. With each application, if you will, I squeeze a small drop (use an amount you deem appropriate and comfortable) of the vitamin e onto my ring finger and a small dollop of aloe on top of that, then proceed to blend it onto a section of skin. This is repeated until I've covered my entire face.

(Source)
 The aloe vera plant, a fairly common houseplant.


As most of you may know, vitamin e has great anti-aging properties. Aloe Vera is also organic and has great healing properties for you skin. It's what you apply to sun burns after all. If you'd like to have more knowledge on vitamin e, please read this article.  


(Source)
 Vitamin E kind of looks like honey doesn't it?


So, what have I noticed from this routine? My skin does look a bit brighter, not as dull as it used to be. Horray for looking more lively. Even at my age, I noticed that creases on my forehead were not disappearing entirely or as quickly compared to my 'younger' years. Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, I do believe the vitamin e in particular has helped reduce the deepness, if you will, of the creases.
In short, thank you vitamin e for making me no longer look like I've been punched in both eyes (an observation from my dear sister), for brightening my face and preventing wrinkles.

Do any of you ladies or gents use vitamin e and/or aloe vera gel in your beauty routine?


You may also enjoy :: Hair Care Tips | Beauty Review : Store Bought & Organic | iHerb.com, Holy Grail For Beauty

2 comments:

  1. GNC has discontinued the Aloe Vera Skin Gel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you use Aloe Vera like me, you can order it from iHerb.com, which sells a vast amount of organic products often much cheaper than any regular store. Good luck and thank you for letting everyone know. =)

      Delete