Sunday, July 29, 2012

Weekly Favorites :: INFINITE & 90s Style



Oh INFINITE, where have you been all my life? Ahem, well it wasn't until recently that I really started to like their unique sound which is a blend of an awesome ode to the 90s (at least to my ears) and a slightly feminine sound. What I mean by "feminine" is in some songs chorus'---the blending of their voices, ya---don't always have a manly sound. It's not a bad thing nor can some of the members help it. The maknae (youngest member) of the group, Sungjong, in particular does have a softer singing voice. 
It is not super common to come across this sound, so to speak, which I think was one reason why it took me several tries to have their music grow on me. I love the fact that their music has a 90s vibe to it since I grew up in that awesome decade.




If you're the type that tends to prefer "like a man" voices, it may take several listens to finally appreciate this group.



This is Sungjong, the maknae. Is he or is he not a beautiful man? He's a youngin though, 18 maybe 19, but at least he's not jail bate. Gents like him make ladies cry a little inside because of how beautiful he is.



Aside from the attraction to their unique sound, I am highly impressed with their impeccable synchronized dancing, which they're known for. I've seen my fair share of great Korean groups, but I'd have to say INFINITE are spot on all the time both in videos and live performances. If I were wearing a hat, I would tip it.

..........

I've been looking for style inspiration lately because I've been getting the itch again to change up, spice up my wardrobe. Where better to look than the 90s. Since I can’t/don't want to spend ze green, I am needing to work with what I already have. I don't have many pieces that have an obvious 90s factor, but I'm sure I can make it work. Below are some of my inspirations and specific pieces that I would be superbly happy to call my own.



This is a beautiful thing. I wish I had a legit pair, but I do at least have, ahem, knock offs thanks to Amachan. I refer to them as my Geum Jan Di boots since she wore them all the time in Boys Before Flowers.



This fantastic specimen was originally on solestruck.com



Not sure what LDG means, but I do like this charming look of boots and a dress.


I always get inspiration from Jen from clothesencounters. This video is perfect because she does a simple DIY for the 90s "knot."


What decade are you currently looking at for inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment