Thursday, January 24, 2013

Here Fishy :: Simple Dinner




Another healthy meal, horray! 
The cook of the household, the husband, made this simple dish that even I can cook (meaning it's simple). If only we could get good fresh fish in the midwest. Ahh, small sacrifices. Anywho, let me break down this simple dish for you.

FISH
Thaw fish.
Season the fish (we had three) of your choice with salt, pepper, paprika, dill weed, a little bit of butter, a hint of olive oil and a few fresh slices of lemon.
Wrap semi loose in aluminum foil, no need to wrap like a burrito.
Broil it for about 10 minutes and then bake it for another 10-15 minutes.
Don't add the grape tomato's (sliced in two) till half way threw otherwise they will be too dry.

POTATO'S
Boil for about 8 minutes or until they are a bit soft.
Prep pan with a little bit of olive oil and a small dash of butter.
Cook on medium-high, adding pepper, salt aaaand some Italian seasoning too. Fry potato's till gently golden brown.

GREENS
Rinse/wash with cool water. Done.

Was that easy to follow? I hope so, again, I am not profess. Clearly, I did not even give measurements, just a teasing overview, which is good enough, ya? ..Maybe?
Oh yes, and I had my dericious apple juice with it. xD




P.S. We're watching LOTR tonight, The Fellowship of the Ring. Yessssss.
Who else wishes they could geek out? 


3 comments:

  1. I looove potatoes! I'm also really liking your blog - keep up the good work!

    Have a wonderful day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is very encouraging to hear.
      I do like potato's, but rarely include them in what I eat. I think I get most of my carbs from bread. =3

      Delete
  2. Love this!
    Great blog!
    Check out mine sometime if you'd like xoxo
    AIMEROSE BLOG

    ReplyDelete