Sunday, January 20, 2013

Wish List - Office Desk

I've yet to have a proper office desk or space since the hubby and I have been married. It's made me feel like a lost kitten--indoors. *enter sad violin music* Here kitty, you can work on the couch. The next day: you can't work there, you must sit here and use this glorious space called the floor. Hey kitty, you have to sit on the floor, but you may use the coffee table too! 


 Still searching for a comfy place to work.


Honestly though, I'm fine making due with what we have--BUT it would be rather superb if I can have a desk of my own next to my hubby. Often when he needs me to check something for him or just wants to show me something, I will no longer have to shift things around and walk over to him. I realize that comes across as me just being lazy. Partly yes, but it can also be simply tiresome when I must do this several times in a short time. You folks understand, ya? Maybe? I hope.

Most importantly, I just want to be closer to him. We're like peanut butter and jelly, there's no point separating us. Truly, we love spending time with each other all the time. ALL THE TIME. Should I emphasize it another way? He's my best friend and he always knows how to make me feel better and be happy. Awww, thanks sweetie! 
Ahem.



PROS:
  • There are many blue accents, my favorite color.
  • I adore the woven baskets on the side.
  • Good use of a compact space, which is what I'm working with.
CONS:
  • The layout would separate me from my husband, not what I am trying to accomplish.



PROS:
  • I love the slight classic, antiquity feel this space has.  
CONS:
  • This picture is too small.



PROS:
  • This reminds me strongly of Mr. Brohoho's room. If you follow K-pop or Simon and Martina for that matter, this will make perfect sense. 
  • Simple, clean and cozy all at the same time.
CONS:
  • As much as I like the stool, I would need something with back support, not just bum support. 



PROS:
  • Plenty of counter space.
  • Green!
  • Plenty of drawers.
  • My books will be located so close to me, which is comforting.
CONS:
  • Might have to get rid of the bookshelf, make way for my hubby. Let's stay focused people.



PROS:
  • Invisible chair, too cool.
  • I like this style of desk with the shelving in front of me--if that makes sense.
CONS:
  • It faces a wall. Although this location may be best for me because I know I would get distracted by the outside world if placed in front of a window. So--Pro?



PROS:
  • Love the console table being utilized as a desk. Or perhaps it's originally a desk... or both at the same time. Dun dun dunnnn.
  • Very bright and airy.
CONS:
  • Ya know, I'd really like to have a chair with wheels, however, our apartment is carpeted and I don't like those tacky looking plastic squares you can use for wheeled chairs. I'm sure there is a more stylish option, I just need to search for it.
(All pics from weheartit.com)

1 comment:

  1. You have written a unique piece here. Good job for emphasizing the pros and cons of these office desk ideas.

    ReplyDelete