Saturday, February 23, 2013

Weekly Fav's :: Breakfast Switch, Commentaries & Studio Ghibli




Tell me, who made the rule that we can't eat breakfast food for dinner?

I'd like to say, don't tell me what I can and can not eat for dinner darn it--in a stern voice. Anyway. Since I can remember, I love eating "breakfast" food for dinner. I don't do it as often as I used to, but when I do it's fantastic and satisfying.
My husband usually wears the apron in our household, but I can at least make good breakfast food. According to him I make the best pancakes and breakfast burritos. I agree, no modesty intended.

Practice makes perfect and I've perfected (mostly) a slightly crunchy outside and fluffy on the inside pancake. Not sure if it's something I could ever explain, it's more of a 'feels' cooking--thing.





Raise your hand if you love commentaries.

Well I do. A few weeks ago I wanted to listen to the commentary of Part I for the 4th Twilight movie (I read the books when I was a teen, so I feel obligated to watch it on screen), but my sister is the opposite and doesn't like to break the movie magic, so to speak. So, I did not get to listen to it. And that's my sad story.

Last weekend though, I was not denied watching some commentaries from one of my favorite series, Psych. Quick humor, clever references that go over my head, interesting plot lines, what is there not to love?
The hubby and I always sing and dance along to the theme song at the beginning. We're not the only ones, right?

"...I know you know, that I'm not telling the truth. I know you know, they just don't have any proof."






Slowly my husband and I have been watching each Studio Ghibli movie made and our most recent viewing was The Cat Returns. It was a bit unlike most of the Ghibli movies I've seen and I can't quite put my finger on why. It was certainly one of the more light hearted movies and even the style (the look of the characters mainly) of it was a bit different from what I'm used to. Not drastically, but still noticeable.

I recommend it if you're in the mood for an easy to consume (though there are a few parts that make you think) and simple fun-time anime.
 
(Images top-bottom: one, two, three, four, five, six)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment, it made my day!
    I love breakfast food for dinner!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have a cheesy pun for that: your outfit brightened my day. Ha! I like cheesy stuff. =)
      It's the best, indeed.

      Delete